Breast Reduction Gives You a More Proportionate, Comfortable Bust Line
ARE OVERLY LARGE BREASTS CAUSING YOU PHYSICAL DISCOMFORT OR MAKING YOU FEEL SELF-CONSCIOUS? BREAST REDUCTION SURGERY CAN REFINE YOUR BREASTS TO ACHIEVE A MORE COMFORTABLE SIZE AND A BEAUTIFUL, NATURAL-LOOKING APPEARANCE. DR. FREUND CAN DESIGN A CUSTOMIZED PLAN TO REMOVE EXCESS TISSUE AND ARTFULLY RESHAPE THE BREASTS TO GIVE YOU IMPROVED CONFIDENCE.
Who Is An Ideal Candidate For Breast Reduction
Breast reduction candidates can include any women suffering with:
- Breasts that look too large in proportion to the rest of your body.
- Soreness or grooves in the shoulders caused by excess weight on the bra straps.
- Upper or lower back pain due to heavy breasts.
- Poor posture caused by large breasts.
- Self-consciousness concerning the size of the breasts.
Breast Reduction Techniques
Different Breast Reduction Techniques to Help You Achieve Your Precise Goal.
No two breast reduction patients have the same needs, and Dr. Freund uses different techniques to help each patient achieve her precise goals:
- The Lejour Technique can achieve smaller, perkier breasts with an attractive projection. It involves an incision around the nipple combined with a vertical downward incision. Excess tissues are removed, and the remaining tissue is folded inward. The nipple is elevated and the incisions are closed to provide a reduction in size as well as an aesthetic enhancement.
- The Hall-Findlay Technique uses the same incision used in the Lejour Technique but does not reshape the breast. It is often recommended to patients who have undergone biopsies that have left scars on the breasts.
- The Göes Technique is often recommended to women in need of moderate reduction. It only involves an incision around the nipple, and the resulting scar is easily concealed in the darker skin of the areola.
- The McKissock Technique is designed to help women in need of extensive reduction. It is the oldest breast reduction technique and involves more incisions and the removal of more tissue than the other techniques.
During your consultation, Dr. Freund will determine which technique will best meet your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions About Breast Reduction Surgery
When performed by an experienced surgeon who frequently performs breast reduction surgery, this procedure can give you a bust line that looks proportional with your frame, relieves the strain of heavy breasts, and provides a flattering compliment to your entire appearance. Dr. Freund can carefully place incisions to result in minimal scarring, so you can experience physical comfort as well as increased confidence in your new, natural-looking bust line.
Following surgery, bandages are applied to the breasts to facilitate healing. You will also be provided with a support garment. Some pain and soreness can be expected, but this can be managed with over-the-counter pain medication. Sensitivity and tenderness will probably persist for about a week. Dr. Freund will schedule follow-up visits to monitor your recovery.
For the first two weeks following surgery, physical activity should be minimized. It is important during this time to avoid placing any strain on your incisions and to avoid any activity that might significantly raise your pulse. Dr. Freund will provide explicit advice about when to resume exercise and other activities. As the months’ pass, the scars will fade, and the aesthetic results of your surgery will become more apparent.
Superb Plastic Surgeon!
“I have had multiple cosmetic surgical procedures with Dr. Robert Freund and would never to go anyone else. In NYC where there are many outstanding plastic surgeons to choose from, Dr Freund’s sincere compassion, care and artistry are unparalleled…”
The Only Surgeon I’ll Use!
“Dr. Freund is the only doctor I’ll go to for cosmetic surgery. He gave me the most natural, beautiful nose. 7 years later & it still looks as good as new. People still tell me they “wish” they had my nose, not realizing I had it done…”
A Mother of 5 Who Didn’t Want to Look Like a Mother of 5
“Dr. Freund is by far the best plastic surgeon out there and I would never even consider any other. He’s like family to me now. I’ve been going to him since I was 25. From Breast implants, to 2 tummy tucks, to numerous different lipo procedures, then years later…”
Dr. Freund Changed My Lift
“I cannot recommend Dr. Freund highly enough. By age 40 I had sagging empty breasts that I couldn’t get to look right no matter what bras or clothing I tried. I had no self-confidence and felt poorly every time I looked at myself, especially naked…”
Dr. Freund Is a Miracle Worker
“I researched many doctors before choosing Dr. Freund for my breast augmentation. Dr. Freund is truly an authority in his field and after my initial consultation, I knew that I made the right choice. During my consult, Dr. Freund was very attentive,…”
LET’S GET SOCIAL
Schedule Your Consultation
NEW YORK CITY OFFICE
170 E End Ave; Suite CS, New York, NY 10128
LONG ISLAND OFFICE
1165 Northern Blvd, Suite 303, Manhasset, NY 11030